Let Electricity North East Construction and Maintenance take away the hassle of managing multiple
contracts for one electrical network. Alongside our specialist High Voltage teams, we have a fully
qualified and experienced in house Low Voltage Engineering team.
Through dedicated Low Voltage resource, we can conduct a full review and maintenance of your
network from your incomer only or including the primary panels and all the network including
Electrical Condition Reports (Fixed wire test).
• Reduced downtime as we will plan the LV service activities in line with your HV maintenance to ensure everything is done at the same time where possible
• One point of contact for any questions from your HV to LV infrastructure
• Maintenance in line with manufacturers guidelines and compliant with the Electricity at work regulations
• Work to be carried out to suit production and site demands
Your primary LV panel (more specifically the LV incomer), is the gateway from your high voltage network and this switch controls all the power from your transformer. If a fault is detected, it will stop all of the power to the rest of the primary panel.
To avoid this, we have looked at the most problematic areas and singles points of failure that if faulty can affect a large percentage of your facility, also looking at a solution that is easy to arrange and also proves very cost effective.
To mitigate against a loss of power from this switch and continue your compliance with BS 6423 (LV Panel Maintenance BS standards) and specifically the requirement to hold spare parts on site, we recommend that you have a spare ACB on site, vacuum sealed in or as close to your primary LV panels as is practical. This will, in the event of a fault, provide an immediate replacement and speedy recovery to your network, should this essential switch become faulty.
As an added benefit, on your 4 yearly LV maintenance you would have the ability to rotate your Incomer, speeding up maintenance down time and providing the option to have the ACB in the panel removed from site and bench tested at our facility to be returned as the spare when fully tested and confirmed.
Service provisions, but not limited to:
All ACB / MCCB services are carried out as per manufacturers guidelines
Get in contact to arrange a free survey and estimate to add your Low Voltage Maintenance onto your existing HV COMA contract. If you have an LV only site that you would also like placing under our cover or if we currently look after an element of your LV network but require more, then please let us know.
Regulation 4 Systems, work activities and protective equipment
(1) All systems shall at all times be of such construction as to prevent, so far as is reasonably
(2) As may be necessary to prevent danger, all systems shall be maintained so as to prevent, so far as
is reasonably practicable, such danger.
(3) Every work activity, including operation, use and maintenance of a system and work near a
system, shall be carried out in such a manner as not to give rise, so far as is reasonably practicable,
(4) Any equipment provided under these Regulations for the purpose of protecting persons at work
on or near electrical equipment shall be suitable for the use for which it is provided, be maintained
in a condition suitable for that use, and be properly used.
61 Regulation 4 covers, in a general way, those aspects of electrical systems and equipment, and
work on or near these, which are fundamental to electrical safety.
74 The operation, maintenance and testing of electrical systems and equipment must only be carried
out by those people who are competent for that work (see also regulation 16)